2020 Newcastle Stamp and Coin Expo
To all stamp and coin collectors:
This letter is early notification of the Newcastle Philatelic Exhibition, to be held on the long weekend of October 2020. The exhibition opens on Friday 2 October, and the final day is Sunday 4 October 2020.
The exhibition will include:
• Leading stamp, coin and postcard dealers from across Australia, and we hope, some international dealers.
• Displays (exhibits) from collectors across Australia and New Zealand, and possibly Chile.
• The Royal Philatelic Challenge, with competitive displays from the Royal Philatelic Societies of Great Britain, New Zealand, Canada, South Africa, Melbourne and Sydney.
• The Qantas Challenge, commemorating the centenary of Qantas. This display will consist of Qantas memorabilia, especially covers, cinderellas, postcards, and other Qantas collectibles.
• Souvenirs and special products from Australia Post.
• Meetings of some societies. These are not finalised but could include the Cinderella Stamp Club, Polar Philately Society, Thematic Philately Society, and the Postal Stationary Society.
• Displays and lectures from leading philatelists. Last exhibition (May 2018) Michael Drury showed every shade in the kangaroo and KGV series of stamps 1913-36.
Would you please circulate this letter to all interested members?
Check our website www.newcastlephilatelicsociety.org.au in the new year.
If you have any enquiries, please contact me on 0418 266 779, or email glaidler@ bigpond.com
I hope to see you in 2020.
Exhibition Secretary and Publicity