About the Newcastle Philatelic Society
The Newcastle Philatelic Society was formed almost 100 years ago during 1918.
The Society promotes the enjoyment of the hobby of Stamp Collecting for all in the Newcastle area, whether a junior, adult beginner or an advanced collector. Membership is open to persons over 16 years of age.
The meetings and membership offers
- Displays of collections with commentaries
- Opportunities from time to time to view highlights from some of Australia’s leading stamp collections.
- Opportunities for members to display portions of their own collections and build up experience at displaying
- Advancement of members philatelic knowledge
- Fellowship of other collectors
- Special auction and swap and sale nights
- A Newsletter that is published four times per year
- Access to a Watermark detector
- Access to the Philas Library
Come along to a meeting as our guest and see for yourself. You will be glad you did.
Evening meetings are held on the 2nd Thursday of each month at 7:30pm in the Mayfield Senior Citizens Hall, cnr Pacific Highway and Hanbury Street, MAYFIELD, NSW.
Stamp Auction and Swap and Sale Nights are held during February, May, July and September –refer to syllabus for actual dates.
Daytime meetings are held on the 3rd Wednesday of each month (except December) 10:00am to 1:00pm at Studio 48, 48 Mackie Avenue, NEW LAMBTON, NSW.
Joining Fee: $3.50
Annual Fee: City members (those residing within 40 klms of Newcastle Post office) $15.00, country members $10.00
How to get there
Mayfield Senior Citizens Hall is a 10 minute walk from Waratah Railway Station and a short walk from the Pacific Highway. The day time meeting venue is 10 minutes walk from Adamstown Railway Station or 200 metres to the nearest bus stop. There is a large car park behind the Stag and Hunter Hotel adjacent to the Senior Citizens Hall; and more than ample on street parking at the daytime venue.
Secretary: John Moore
Postal Address: PO Box 34, JESMOND 2299