About the Newcastle Philatelic Society
The Newcastle Philatelic Society was formed over 100 years ago during 1918.
The Society promotes the enjoyment of the hobby of Stamp Collecting for all in the Newcastle area, whether a junior, adult beginner or an advanced collector. Membership is open to persons over 16 years of age.
The meetings and membership offers
- Displays of collections with commentaries
- Opportunities from time to time to view highlights from some of Australia’s leading stamp collections.
- Opportunities for members to display portions of their own collections and build up experience at displaying
- Advancement of members philatelic knowledge
- Fellowship of other collectors
- Special auction and swap and sale nights
- A Newsletter that is published four times per year
- Access to life-long collectors who are willing to answer your stamp questions.
Come along to a meeting as our guest and see for yourself. You will be glad you did.
Monthly meetings are held on the 2nd Thursday of each month at 2:00pm.
Stamp Auction and Swap and Sale Nights are on hold until COVID-19 restrictions are eased –refer to Coming Events for revised dates.
Daytime meetings are held on the 3rd Wednesday of each month (except December) 2:00pm.
Joining Fee: $3.50
Annual Fee: City members (those residing within 40 km of Newcastle Post office) $15.00, country members $10.00
Secretary: John Moore
Postal Address: PO Box 34, JESMOND 2299